TITLE: Session/Activities Director
SALARY: Approximately $6,000 per year (pay is dependent upon funding availability)
APPOINTMENT: Part-time. One fiscal year.
REQUIRED Leadership and team-building skills are required. Understanding of and ability to work
QUALIFICATIONS: with the Michigan/U.S. K-12 education system.
DESIRED LATTICE experience preferred. Experience collaborating with Michigan State
QUALIFICATIONS: University units/colleges. K-12 teaching experience.
JOB SUMMARY: The LATTICE Session Director will create and facilitate a year of high-quality, international- and education-related professional development sessions during which LATTICE members share and explore interesting and relevant ideas and information. It is expected that there will be 4-6 sessions (4-6 hours in length) during the academic year plus at least 2 extra activities to increase the opportunity for connections and relationship-building among members. This position may require attending occasional evening/weekend events.
JOB TIME COMMITMENTS/RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
· Recruitment - intensive recruitment of local K-12 educators during late spring/early summer.
· Planning Sessions - coordination of monthly (evening) planning sessions with a team of LATTICE representatives (minimum six).
· LATTICE PD Sessions – creation, coordination and facilitation of LATTICE monthly PD sessions, which could include two Saturday sessions (minimum six).
· Board Meetings - attendance at monthly evening Board meetings as requested.
· Summer Planning Meeting - coordination of a half-day June “brainstorming-planning” session (with LATTICE representative team) to outline plans for the next year.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
· Assist with the hiring of the LATTICE Graduate Assistant.
· Work collaboratively with the LATTICE Graduate Assistant to fulfill the LATTICE mission.
· Work collaboratively with the LATTICE Board to nominate members and/or the organization for awards and grants.
· Work with the Board to offer MSU credit and State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs).
· Coordinate with the Graduate Assistant to communicate regularly with LATTICE members via the e-newsletter, to create regular session reports, insure that website is accurate and up-to-date.
· Arrange for speakers, locations, and adequate technology for all LATTICE Sessions.
· Possibly present at select conferences.
· Other responsibilities and duties as deemed necessary by the Board.
A complete application will include: 1) cover letter, 2) 1-2 page essay describing why you are interested in this
position and what you bring to LATTICE, 3) resume, and 4) names and contact information for 3 references
(letters of reference are not required).
Applications are due by 5:00 PM on Monday, April 20, 2015
Welcome to the 2015/2016 LATTICE Sessions
Important Dates... Here are our LATTICE 2015/2016 Session dates and places:
October 1 Spartan Village Communi Center, South Lounge
Nov 5 Spartan Village Community Center, South Lounge
December 5 Holiday Party (Click Here)
January 21 Spartan Village Community Center, South Lounge
February 18 Spartan Village Communi Center, South Lounge
March 17 Spartan Village Communi Center, South Lounge
April 21 Spartan Village Communi Center, South Lounge
Please Sign up to participate in LATTICE 2015-2016
LATTICE (Linking All Types of Teachers to International Cross-Cultural Education) was formed in 1995
by an educator Sally McClintock as a learning community and international network that cultivates and supports a global perspective in K-12 classrooms through personal and professional development opportunities.
It provides international experience by connecting schools to local and international communities and linking internationals to classrooms with visits and emails. It supports international learning so that the children
of today can be effective participants in the world of tomorrow. LATTICE provide ...
- Meaningful content, inspirational moments, and time for building personal relationship
- Use of Scholarly expertise as well as knowledge and wisdom based on personal experiences and observations
- An international perspective in education
- Constructivism and participation
- Personal and professional experiences that contribute to the LATTICE mission by bringing this new knowledge to school communities
LATTICE- Linking All Types of Teachers to International Cross-cultural Education
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/msu-lattice/21/b13/36
1518 Haslett Rd
P.O. Box 204
**Please consider making a donation of any size to support LATTICE**